Dive Into The Waters Of Komodo National Park
A wonder of nature, Komodo National Park consists of 3 primary islands, Komodo, Padar and Rinca allowing visitors to take the famous hikes up, to experience a tri-colored beach view from the top.
Add to this, the island is also home to the iconic Komodo Dragons, the only habitat in the world where they have survived the nature. The adjoining Andaman Sea is home to beautiful marine bio diversity, an envious diving spot for the snorkeling enthusiasts. The island from Indonesia rightfully deserves the UNESCO World Heritage Site for containing a vast variety of flora and fauna.
What To Do In Komodo National Park
Dive in to explore the coral triangle where tropical waters of Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines and Solomon Islands where resides 500 species among the reef corals. As a diver you may able to explore beautiful species.
- The reef fishes from Indo Pacific are found aplenty in the water. It is a feast of colors down at the deep of sea, where sunlight struggles to reach.
- If a fortunate soul, you may able to dive along with the whale shark and the coelacanth, a habitat of the reefs here.
- It is also home to six marine turtle species, a rare find in other aquatic regions. You may also be able to take a close look at schools of tropical fish everywhere, moray eels, giant trevallies.
- The warm weather, sparse population, less of touristy feel makes the experience that of a similar to a lost paradise.
The island region deserves the much coveted stature of new & natural wonders of the world where the hustles and crowd of a city only seem to be a distant memory.
Tour Companies – Komodo National Park
The easiest way to reach Komodo National park is to fly from Bali to Flores. The small village of Labuan Bajo has multiple tour operators dotting the alleys. All of them ideally offer a couple of day’s tour to the islands. You may chose to stay on the boat or find a home in one of the resorts in the islands by the sea. Prebooking a tour however is recommended if you want to save the time haggling around.
These are the tour companies we recommend basis on visitors experiences –
1. Ora Dive – Jl. Soekarno Hatta, Kampung Tengah, Labuan Bajo, Komodo, Kabupaten Manggarai Barat, Nusa Tenggara Tim., Indonesia
2. Flores XP Adventures – Goron Talo, Komodo, West Manggarai Regency, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Please add more for I am not sure what the other tour companies that operate at diving at Komodo National Park. But, as soon as we landed, we discovered that there is no lack of tour operators.
Tips & Suggestions Before Visiting Komodo National Park
- Carry sunscreen and first aid kits in case you want to hike up the mountains. Atop the hilltop a spectacular view awaits you, so do make it before the sunset.
- Snorkel only at the places deem fit for diving, ask your boatman. Last thing you want is to swim with the large lizards (yes, they do swim in the ocean).
- The turquoise water and white beaches are an amusing sight to behold however the onus to make these places sustainable lies on you. Do not litter or conduct anything suggestive to be a threat to the ecological balance of the region.
- Shop some pears at the pearl village, they culture them in-house.
- Refrain from carrying sand back home from Pink beach for it will be thrown away by the security at the airport.
Featured Image by Gabriel ^(oo)^.